GRAPHIC DESIGNER FOR PRINT & SIGN SHOP (NEW ALBANY)
We are looking for a creative Production Artist/ Graphic Designer for a full time position to start immediately. The position is responsible for the design and production of high-quality digital print and graphic materials signage: from working with clients on the design and creative direction of their signs and printed materials to printing, handling, bindery, mounting/trimming and laminating of the finished product.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the area of production/design, a good work ethic, the ability to multitask and collaborate. They will be extremely detail-oriented and have a great sense of design and typography. The desire to learn, explore and grow as a skilled production artist and designer is a must!
Position is 70% print/graphic production and 30% design. Most of the time will be spent in workflow management, pre-production file prep and RIP.
- Have graduated from a 2 or 4 year college level program in graphic arts, design or a related field.
- Have a minimum of one year of training or equivalent experience.
- Be proficient with computer design and office automation tools such as Adobe CS applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat), Corel Draw, Flexi and Microsoft Office applications.
- Be self motivated and able to work independently.
- Possess excellent math skills.
- Have a valid driver’s license and able to lift modestly heavy objects.
- A portfolio demonstrating graphic design skills and projects for review (preferably online).
Be part of a high energy environment where we work hard AND have fun. $12-$13 per hour to start with benefits. Qualified candidates should forward resumes and samples along with salary requirements. No phone calls please!
Send your resumé to Vicky at email@example.com