If you’re an alumni who has been working in the industry for a few years and are willing to relocate to Lexington, Big Ass Fans could be the job for you! Sounds like a fun place to work!
Consistently named as one of the fastest growing companies in the United States and listed among the Best Places to work in Kentucky, Big Ass Fans is definitely the place to be. We believe that with cutting edge technology, iconic design and uncompromising attention to the customer experience, our products can improve a consumer’s quality of life. Every interaction with the customer – whether in-person, online or over the phone – is a chance to exceed expectations.
As we prepare for an exciting 2016, we’re looking for a Graphic Designer as unique as our company to tell our story visually to the world. This elusive candidate is someone who can effectively showcase our residential brand and product line through design. You’ll be responsible for working with the in-house marketing team and managers in other departments to translate our key messages and vision into high-quality graphical communications, from the initial concept discussions to production.
- Are you an expert in the Adobe suite?
- Do you take pride in delivering high-quality final products?
- Can you anticipate needs and ask smart questions to understand and communicate a goal?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment?
If you answered yes to the questions above, you may be the perfect fit! Be prepared to impress us with your ideas and dazzle us with your portfolio.
- Collaborate with leaders across the business to conceive and execute creative design solutions, moving projects from brief through concept and final execution
- Present concepts and rough drafts to leaders and project managers
- Develop attractive and compelling graphic solutions for targeted marketing materials in various mediums
- Ensure that concepts and designs adhere to original design brief specifications, and are consistent with project objectives and brand standards
- Spec and release high-quality artwork for production
- Maintain technical knowledge of best practices related to color, typography, illustration, photography, animation and various print and layout techniques
- BA or BFA in Graphic Design
- Seven to ten years of creative agency or in-house marketing department experience, preferably with consumer brands
- Experience in both print and electronic design
- Print production experience, both digital and offset
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team
- Strong ability to problem-solve and communicate clearly, both orally and in writing
- Experience in directing photographers
- Expert in Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Excellent time-management skills – must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, including tight deadlines
Why live life Big Ass?
You want benefits? We’ve got your health insurance, life insurance, 401(k) and more. You want Big Ass Benefits? Join us in the cantina for a catered lunch followed by a game of Ping-Pong. Did we break another record today? Let’s open the beer fridge and make plans to meet this weekend at the company sponsored social outing.
Big Ass Solutions, a perennial honoree among Kentucky’s “Best Places to Work” offers employees excellent pay and a challenging and rewarding work environment. Add to that the bonuses and career opportunities that come from fast and profitable growth, and you can understand why the company boasts an 88 percent employee retention rate.
Why haven’t you applied yet?
Big Ass Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.