Calling all Graphic Designers! French Lick Resort is looking for a Specialist to join our Marketing team and help us strengthen our message to the public. Must be fun, hardworking, organized, and whip smart!
BASIC FUNCTION: The Graphic Designer is responsible for designing art and copying layouts for ad orders and specs requested.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid gaming license.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Art, Fine Arts, Graphic Design, or Advertising.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat, Illustrator, and InDesign programs.
- Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Must be flexible, willing to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Must have ability to write routine correspondence and speak effectively to the public, employees and customers.
- Must have the ability to effectively interact with customers and employees.
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Working knowledge of CMS such as Drupal and WordPress.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Working knowledge of email, social media, and digital ad best practices.
- Produce accurate, high-quality work equal to that of French Lick Resort products and the style of the French Lick Resort brand.
- Maintain visual balance between the business unit needs and French Lick Resort brand styles.
- Give input into communication briefs by gathering data to clarify design situations.
- Present new ideas for business unit communication strategies.
- Unify visual, copy, and positioning solutions.
- Manage various design projects at one time without sacrificing quality.
- Direct a wide range of visual media including photography, illustration, web, print and computer-aided design.
- Keep abreast of new developments in marketing communications, including copy strategies, programs, industry news, and professional education.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Must work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others to achieve company goals.
- Must strictly adhere to safety requirements.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Must have effective oral and written communications throughout various levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in collaborative and independent work situations and environments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to remain calm and receptive in fast paced situations.
- Assists in other projects, as directed.
- Duties, responsibilities, requirements, and expectations pertaining to this job are subject to change as needed.
- Hours are determined by 24 hour schedule.
- Performs other related duties as reasonably requested by Management