Alley Gallery Artist Call for Entries
Alley Gallery is a project of the Louisville Downtown Partnership to repurpose alley and back-of-the-building metal doors into an outdoor gallery featuring the work of local artists. There are more than 350 doors in Downtown Louisville (River Road to Broadway and 12th Street to Baxter Avenue) that could qualify for this project.
- LOP is inviting artists to submit images for this project. Rather than commissioning specific artworks, we are asking for images of new or existing artworks
- We are offering each artist the opportunity to submit 2 images that would fit a 36″ x 84″ single door and 2 images that would fit a 72″ x 84″ double door. Each image should be cropped by the artist upon submission to fit these 2 formats – some additional cropping may be necessary. Submitted images may be of artwork in its entirety or a detail.
- Compensation for the use of submitted artwork shall be $300 per image, per door location. The$300 stipend will be for image use only and will not assume any ownership of the original artwork. All inquiries for purchase of the original artwork will be directed to the Artist
- Since the final applied product will be in vinyl, photographic images of artwork in any medium are acceptable and encouraged
- Only images submitted via email and accompanied by a signed Artist Contract will be considered for inclusion in a Drop Box Catalog. Images should be submitted at up to 300 dpi and sent in a file no larger than 10MB total
- Building owners/sponsors will be given the access code for the Drop Box Catalog and will choose the image(s) for use on their property
- Once selected, LOP will require a tenth scale, 750-1000 dpi version of the image for professional production and application. If the Artist does not have a high resolution version or cannot provide one, LOP will hire a professional photographer to contact the Artist to arrange a photo shoot. Selected images will be removed from the Catalog and may be replaced, by the Artist, with another image for future consideration
- Once submitted and accepted for inclusion in the Drop Box Catalog and applied to the doors, images may be used in non-commercial promotion of the Alley Gallery Program, including but not limited to a GPS-based, interactive map on the LOP website. The Artist will be credited by name in any such promotion
- LOP reserves the right to accept or reject any artwork submitted for inclusion in this program
- A full-scale prototype can be viewed at 558 S 4th Street, rear
This is ongoing and there is no specific deadline established. Attached is a pdf with the Artist Contract and more information. Alley Gallery Artist Packet