Job Opportunity: Production Coordinator (Part Time)
The production artist/coordinator supports the creative process by managing and finalizing all print jobs and assigned special projects. This person serves as a liaison between the creative team and any vendors needed to complete a project’s production development.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The employee in this position will have the following essential job functions:
- Coordinates the production of institutional print pieces, marketing collateral, packaging, display, trade shows (SBC, TGC and T4G among others), and other advertising projects developed by the creative team
- Responsible for managing logistics for exhibiting at major conferences (T4G, TGC and SBC) including exhibit registration, shipping and set-up/tear down
- Creates art adjustments and finalization for all projects that go into print production
- Adapts and pre-flights all files
- Collects, organizes, and ensures proper file delivery to vendors
- Identifies the best production technique, materials, process and vendor for any given project, requiring several vendor quotes in order to achieve the best price/quality ratio
- Negotiates project terms between the institution and vendors (price, delivery time, discounts)
- Ensure quality standards set by the creative director and/or VP of Communications for all production-related projects
- Maintains up-to-date vendor related information on the department’s project management software
- Keeps up-to-date information regarding production techniques and tools
- Follows all accounting requirements in order to ensure prompt production delivery
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
The person in this position is required to have a high school diploma or equivalent. This person should have proficiency in software applications such as Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator in order to perform essential job functions. Knowledge in design principles is ideal but not required.
The person in this position should have strong relational skills and have the ability for analysis and strategic planning. Ability to collaborate with a team and proven time management and prioritizing skills are necessary. This position also requires the ability to work under pressure and basic knowledge of project finances. This person needs to have broad-scoped technical and industry knowledge (especially small, large format printing, environmental, and trade show graphics), and one or more years of production experience.
The person in this position will supervise no one.
The person in this position will report to the Creative Director.
The person in this position will work in a standard office environment.