The Leadership Louisville Center is the region’s leadership development hub offering programs and events designed to educate participants about community issues, strengthen leadership skills and connect participants with opportunities for civic involvement.
The Marketing Intern is a contributing member of the Marketing & Development team with responsibility for supporting LLC programs, events and other activities. This position reports to the Marketing Specialist. This is a paid internship.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Assists in the creation of sponsor materials (donor thank you’s and sponsor reports).
- Assists in the creation of collateral material for programs (handbooks, handouts, PowerPoint slides).
- Edit text and format data for material including press releases, agendas, class reports, handouts, brochures and donor correspondence.
- Conducts market research to identify potential targets for new sponsorship opportunities and program participation.
- Other responsibilities include may include:
- event support (prep work, set up)
- database management (media contact lists, class participant records)
Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Some professional or administrative experience preferred.
- Punctual and dependable, detail-oriented with superior organizational ability.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required and familiarity with InDesign preferred. Must be able to understand and apply existing and emerging communications technologies.
- A self-starter with the ability to be proactive, juggle multiple tasks, identify priorities and anticipate next step needed. Can be productive both individually and in a cooperative team environment.
- Positive attitude, high energy, enthusiastic, excellent interpersonal skills, sensitivity to diversity and multi-cultural issues.
- Strong writing skills for business correspondence. Proofreading and editing skills preferred.
- A strong interest in community issues and familiarity with Louisville’s business and civic leadership is also desired.
- Professional demeanor and dress, positive and upbeat personality, strong oral communication skills, ability to build effective relationships for the organization among diverse constituencies.
- Ability to work efficiently with limited supervision.
- In pursuit of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- Must have own transportation and be able to handle light lifting.
Interested applicants should send resume and design sample to email@example.com. Deadline to submit application is Monday, December 11, 2015.