Job Opportunity: Graphic Designer
Shoe Sensation, Inc. – Jeffersonville, IN
Shoe Sensation, a Jeffersonville, Indiana based retail company is seeking a Graphic Designer. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and goal-oriented. This is a unique opportunity in the Louisville, Kentucky area to join a rapidly growing company.
The Graphic Designer will support and assist the Vice President of Marketing in maximizing sales by creating visually stunning designs for print and web applications which promote the Shoe Sensation brand and its vendor partners while maintaining style guidelines. This position is responsible for design and production of all graphic design assignments for the company.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
Design and production of all print advertising. Newspaper inserts, direct mail pieces, social media assets, and ROP ads must be designed and approved so that the material is completed by the deadline.
Preprinted newspaper inserts and direct mail pieces require that you coordinate the production process with inside team members and outside vendors such as:
- Commercial printing companies
- Mail houses or postal facilities
As instructed by the Vice President of Marketing or the Advertising Facilitator, the Graphic Designer obtains outside specifications and coordinates production of print jobs through final delivery of the product. This includes communicating with the printer, preparing the files, obtaining proof approvals, attending the press okay, delivering and filing samples.
- Create all in-store P.O.P. materials along with associated purchase orders from request through concept/layout and final printing and delivery. Signage requires the same coordination of communication and specifications to meet delivery deadlines as the print projects outlined above.
- Every Monday during the weekly marketing meeting the Designer should gather the information necessary to produce signage and social media posts for upcoming events. Designs must be complete and approved so that the printer has the files approx. 3 weeks prior to the delivery date.
- Jobs must be uploaded to printer with a purchase order outlining quantity and delivery instructions. Designer handles communication with printer on all aspects of the job.
- Create any needed materials (signs, banners, fliers, coupons, etc.) to support the Sales Planners based on the information supplied by the Buyers and as needed under direction of the Vice President of Marketing and the Advertising Facilitator and secure necessary approvals as required from buyers, vendors, and Executive team.
- Maintain the company website. The web site must be kept current as to store listings, promotions and vendor information, etc.
The company website will require periodic redesign. The Designer will preparation site map suggestions and propose revisions or enhancements. If the Designer is trained in web site design and construction, they will create and modify the sites. (If they are not trained, they will coordinate outsourcing the work by documenting the scope of the project and obtaining quotes from outside vendors.)
- Design and supervise production of miscellaneous sales promotion materials, permanent signage and assorted business materials. These small jobs spring up on short notice and often have quick deadlines. You are responsible for prioritizing your time to complete these as well as your regular duties. Examples of these projects include:
– Special requests from the President or CEO of the company.
– Produce special projects for store Managers or Area Directors.
– Work on concept/coordination of new promotional packages
– Create new private labels, tags, shoeboxes or logos with the Merchandising team
– Create company forms including business cards, company brochures or other corporate materials.
- Manage and maintain the Mac computer system and software applications, printers and other peripherals. Research, specify and collect pricing on equipment or software upgrades needed in the advertising department. Schedule and perform regular back-ups. Prepare and adhere to a suggested maintenance schedule.
- Work with the Vice President of Marketing and marketing staff to promote and maintain professional office practices. Handle correspondence & purchase documentation in a timely manner. Develop good communication and reporting skills. Maintain a general awareness of the overall promotional calendar and the project load in the department. Follow up on requests. Suggest ways to improve department efficiency.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Our ideal candidate will be adaptable, flexible and a team player with a desire and drive to make things happen.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related field preferred.
- Two years+ experience in a Graphic Design Role
- Portfolio of work
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment
- Expert level Adobe Creative Suite skills. Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Photography experience a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Local candidates only:
Graphic Design: 2 years